|Tomorrow you could be living in dynamic Dubai and earning a tax-free salary with global benefits. Starting with two aircrafts and a handful of enthusiastic people, we have grown at a phenomenal rate. We are now one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, flying to over 125 destinations across 6 continents.
We are looking for people to join our global family of over 54,000 people from 160 nationalities across a diverse range of disciplines. If you are a high performer, seeking unparalleled career opportunities, join the Emirates team and help us create the future of travel.
The Position: Direct a team of Cabin Crew Managers (CCM) and up to 6,000 Cabin Crew for a specific cabin/role e.g. Business Class or Senior Flight Steward. Define and implement strategies and plans to deliver on-going improvements of service standards through employee engagement and increased productivity. Work with the broader MCC team to ensure that the strategic direction of activity is aligned to department and corporate objectives.
- Drive the constant improvement of inflight service through the management of crew to ensure the effective and consistent implementation of service standards on-board. Define, implement and review medium to long term plans.
- Proactively engage and influence within Service Delivery and across Corporate departments (eg: Customer Affairs and Service Audit, Performance Development) to ensure the delivery of plans to constantly improve the on-board customer experience. Implement and review the strategic direction of CC Management in response to business and commercial demands, customer feedback and in support of required service changes. Ensure future plans and direction are communicated, prioritised and implemented.
- Direct and manage a team of Cabin Crew Managers in effective performance management of crew including ensuring recognition of strong performance, crew development and timely management of shortfalls. Act as escalation point for guidance with more complex cases of performance or behavioural shortfalls. Ensure consistency within and across MCC teams.
- Manage, motivate and develop the team to ensure the achievement of departmental & team objectives. Create a customer centric team-working environment to ensure effective performance against defined objectives and targets.
- Ensure that the required cabin crew resources are in place in response to manpower plans through assessment and selection to meet business needs and future growth
- Lead and inspire a team of CCMs and cabin crew around key business messages ensuring strong communication and engagement with business drivers.
- Define and implement procedures and guidelines to ensure the fair, consistent and effective application of policies and procedures within crew management.
- Collaborate across entire CC Management team to develop and implement common practices, performance expectations and action plans. Partner with supporting departments (CC Operations, Crew Planning & Scheduling, CC Service Centre, Cabin Crew Training, HR, Recruitment etc.) to ensure alignment of strategies and actions.
- Identify and lead key initiatives within Service Delivery based on business needs/customer feedback.
- Represent CC Management on corporate Projects for current and future growth. Lead and participate in departmental and corporate projects, ensuring business needs of Cabin Crew Management and Service Delivery are fully represented.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- 8+ years at a managerial level – preferably with a major airline or Service/ Hospitality Industry.
- Experience of leading large teams, preferably remote workforces.
Salary & Benefits: We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams, the local currency of the UAE. The Dirham is linked to the Special Drawing Right of the International Monetary Fund and it has been held constant against the US dollar since the end of 1980 at a mid-rate of approximately US$1=”Dh3.66.” Besides generous travel benefits normally associated with an airline, this managerial role also has excellent leave and health care packages, accommodation, power and water paid for, along with transport benefits, life insurance and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers. By viewing the ‘Dubai Lifestyle’ section in the careers website you can also consider the many benefits of Dubai as a location to live and work in
To Apply: To express your interest in the above vacancy please apply on-line by clicking below, and complete our application form. We will then consider your application and contact you should we wish to shortlist you for an interview. Should you not receive an invitation for an interview within 5 weeks please assume that on this occasion you have been unsuccessful. We will retain your details for 12 months unless advised otherwise and re-consider you for future opportunities as they arise. Please also note that if you are not shortlisted you can also update your application at any time and apply for other opportunities. Thank you for your interest in a career with the Emirates Group.