Let me start by saying that 2013 made Philippines a country of adversities and triumphs. There were ups and downs but because of Filipinos’ resiliency and strong faith to God the ups far outweighed the downs. I made the list of my countrymen who give glory and honors to my Philippines. People who made a difference, who inspired us. I recognized them for what they have done to Philippines last year.
1. The Survivors, Rescuers, Donors. The Philippines was hit by different natural calamities like the earthquake in Bohol and Cebu on October 15, 2013 and the super typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan in Tacloban and other parts of Visayas on Nov. 8, 2013. In addition to this, the Zamboanga crisis that erupted on September 9, 2013 and the floods and landslides in Zambales last September 23, 2014. With all these, I believe that survivors has a lot of stories to tell us on how they struggle just to survive. I pity those who loss their love ones but I admired them for having a strength to move on with their lives. The survivors specially the innocent children who were traumatized by this adversity inspired me because of their courage and optimism.
2. The Overseas Filipino Workers. They say that OFWs are the modern heroes of our country. They are helping the economy thru dollar remittances. As one of them, I know how hard to live and work away from your family. I know their sacrifices not to mention that some of our fellow Filipinos are suffering from their employers. Not all are lucky to land a job. I admire them for their hardships.
3. Megan Young. She is the first filipina to win this second biggest international beauty pageant. Megan was crowned in Bali, Indonesia last September 28, 2013. I remember her mom telling that Megan was the one working for them.
4. Manny Pacquiao
5. Mutya Johana Datul
6. Ariella Arida
7. Bea Rose Santiago.
8. Sen. Miriam D. Santiago
9. Jonathan Allen Yabut
10. Michael Christian Martinez
11. Lee Vann Corteza and Dennis Orcollo
12. Amber Delos Reyes
13. Jed Madela and Philippine Team for WCOPA 2013
14. Cheridel Alejandrino
15. Annalie Forbes
16. Gil Wagas
17. Angeli Dione Gomez
18. Gerardo Gamboa
19. Rosalio Torrentira
20. Benigno Aquino III
Note: I thought I already posted it last January 4… Can you check the date? LOL
Miss Megan Young was crowned as Miss World 2013 held at Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center in Bali, Indonesia. Marine Lorphelin of France won as First Princess while Naa Okailey Shooter of Ghana took the Second Princess title..
Here’s the list of winners and recipients of some special awards:
Gibraltar (People’s Choice)
Miss World Top 20!
Queen of Americas: Brazil – Queen of Africa: Ghana – Queen of Caribbean: Jamaica Beauty with a Purpose Winner – Nepal
Miss World 2013 Results, Winners: Top Model
1st – Megan Young of Philippines
2nd – Olivia Jordan of USA
3rd – Marine Lorphelin of France
4th – Anna Zaiachkivska of Ukraine
5th – Sancler Frantz of Brazil
Miss World 2013 Results, Winners: Sports
1st – Jacqueline Steenbeek of Netherlands
2nd – Elena Ibarbia Jimenez of Spain
3rd – Meagan Green of Northern Ireland
4th – Coral Ruiz Reyes of Paraguay
5th – Paola Ayala of El Salvador
Miss World 2013 Results, Winners: Beach Fashion
1st – Sancler Frantz of Brazil
2nd – Marine Lorphelin of France
3rd – Naa Okailey Shooter of Ghana
4th – Gina Hargitay of Jamaica
5th – Megan Young of Philippines
Miss World 2013 Results, Winners: Multimedia
1st – Navnett Dhillon of India
2nd – Kanyaphak Phokesomboon of Thailand
3rd – Ishani Shrestha of Nepal
4th – Megan Young of Philippines
5th – Melinder Bhullar of Malaysia